Friday, July 16, 2010

How Skin Heals

I am in the middle of trying to heal the skin around my mouth and an eczema issue on my right leg. The right leg is looking a lot better and my homeopathic doctor gave me cream for my mouth. This is not a quick fix and this hot summer has really made these flares more difficult to manage. Actually, this summer is the hottest and most humid we've had in a long time.I've been having a lot of skin issues lately. From reading I see that the skin is a reflection of the body trying to rid itself of toxins on the inside of the body. It also can be an indication of toxic load from chemicals put on the skin.

One thing I have learned is that just because something is "natural" does not mean it will do the job in an acute situation for my skin type. For example, I was recently given a cream that is homeopathic called Calendula Plus by Homeocan to help heal my inflamed skin on my face. Before using this product I was using Glaxal Base Moisturizing Cream. After switching, this is what eventually happened to my face. See left photo.

Once it all peeled off my face was still quite a mess.

It is still very red after going out in the sun and so I tried to go back to the Homeocan product but it just did not look as good as when I am using the Glaxal Base. The Glaxal Base tends to hold the moisture in so much better and not dry my face out which is precisely the problem. Once I am through using the moisture cream and my face settles down, I do well with shea butter or a cream like Green Beaver Green Tea and Aloe but not before then. It's great to have a doctor to go to but ultimately, I know what works and what doesn't. I've cleared this up before, it's just a matter of not having it come back.


How to Care for Dry, Chapped Skin

How Skin Works

Peeling Skin on Face





What Causes Eczema Flare-ups

Healing the Skin with Calendula

Healing Benefits of Echinecea

Taking Care of Your Skin

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey