Friday, July 23, 2010

Final Stages of Healing the Skin


Well I finally am at the point of seeing significant changes in my skin since I have been using the Glaxal Base first to get the skin dehydration under control. This took a few days along with a bit of Vaseline. After the skin calmed down I was then able to use my regular skin care. I find Green Beaver moisturizer very effective for the rehydration and healing along with using Green Beaver Cleanser.

One of the ways to protect my face from the harmful effects of allergens from the environment is to use Pur Minerals 4 in 1 makeup. It is fantastic and also is a SPF 15 sunscreen. This has really helped to calm my skin down while using the Glaxal Base moisturizer. And of course to drink plenty of water.

Aveeno Moisturizer bar has been good for cleansing along with a homemade oatmeal mask. I use 2-3 tbls. fine oatmeal with a few tablespoons of hot water. I then add a little bit of olive oil and take the paste and pat it on my cleansed face and leave for a few minutes. This helps to nourish and calm the face and also can act as an exfoliant. After washing this off gently, I apply the grapefruit cleanser or just add the moisturizer (Green Beaver).

Compared to the previous post, there is a significant difference. I did not go back to using the Calendula Plus First Aid Ointment by Homeocan. It only proved to further irritate and peel my skin and not rehydrate as needed. I could have been allergic to one of the ingredients. Upon initial flare-up, it may help but not in the hydration process compared to the Glaxal product.

Now why am I going through the trouble of documenting this? It is to help myself in future flare-ups (pray there isn't any!) and to help anyone else who is looking for an answer to their skin problems.

Eczema and Allergies

Atopic Dermatitis

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey