Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Penalty of Over Eating

Well, this morning started out fine. I had lots of energy and ready to take on the day.

Last night my husband and I enjoyed a tasty Greek feta cheese dip mixed with spinach, red peppers, artichokes and garlic on Pita bread.

However, this morning I was still hungry so I had a full bowl of rice puffs since I thought "going heavy on the breakfast" might not be a good idea. After that I felt like a few cherries, and really enjoyed them they were so sweet. But I was still hungry. So a few almonds couldn't hurt. So I ate those. I should have stopped there.

But no, I had to get out one-half cup of blueberries and mix them with 3/4 cup of full fat yogurt and 1/4 tsp of Maca powder with 1/4 tsp of maple syrup. Sounds good eh. Well it was. By the way, Maca has a butterscotch taste to it and it's pretty strong so 1/4 tsp. is more than enough if it's concentrated.

Anyway, I proceeded to empty the dishwasher then help my son with his math. He is learning the area of a cirlce and and the circumference of a circle. I was doing fine during the instruction but then I started to feel sick.

Suffice to say, I believe I ate too much. Now for the average person, this is probably not too much but it seems for me it is. Unfortunately, I am now spending most of the day not moving around until this nausea goes away and the food finally moves through my system. I cannot eat like I used to and I keep forgetting that. But my body sure reminds me in no uncertain terms that I ate more than I should have.

So much for eating breakfast like a king.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey