Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hazardous Waste

Today was the day I gathered up the boxes of old paint, chemical cleaners and pharmaceuticals to take them to the hazardous waste depot just on the outskirts of town.

By the time I packed up my little car, I had completely filled the trunk. I am so glad that my garage and home are for the most part, chemical free except for the odd car product in the garage.

It's pretty bad when one has to dispose of unused shaving cream in the hazardous waste box.

Once there I had to unload it all myself and deposit the items in bins. My question is what happens next to all of this. Does is get buried in the bottom of the "deep blue sea?" I really don't want to know.

At least I'm one step closer to breathing cleaner air in my home. Next is getting an air filter for my room and cleaning up the basement.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey