Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Eczema Care Ointment (Aquaphor)

I've read many reviews about Aquaphor and the only concern I have is the high concentration of mineral oil and petrolatum which is in my opinion toxic to the body. However, I did buy a small tube in hope to help with flare-ups. So far it does coat the area very well and does not cause redness. The healing time however, is another story. The way I see it is that if the problem is on the inside of my body then I'm just soothing the surface so I may just as well stick with pure shea butter :/

The other product I may try is the new Aveeno Eczema Care which does have some parabens and some petrolatum but also uses oat kernal oil instead of mineral oil. It seems like I'm always trading off but some of the natural products just aren't enough it seems. I will report on this product if I try it.

How to Apply

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey