Sunday, September 20, 2009

Vacation, Allergies and Homeschooling

My trip to Nova Scotia was great. My niece got married and it was a fantastic sunny day for a marvelous wedding for two wonderful people. The salt air was great for my lungs. On return to Ontario however was a different story. As soon as I arrived at my home, my breathing problems began. Needless to say, the first week home was very overwhelming with doctor visits, laundry and getting the homeschooling underway.

This has been a very bumpy start for homeschooling and this 4th week of September will be our first week of a fully scheduled homeschool week. I am hoping that my own physical challenges will abate and not interfere any longer with what the Lord has given me to focus on. I feel that the battle for the child is very real and it is unseen. However, the Lord says to be of good cheer, He has overcome the world. Getting back into a routine is never easy after a layed-back summer. The boys are having withdrawals from a couple of months of entertainment to being disciplined again. I think they will appreciate a routine again and also renew their love for learning new things.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey