Monday, March 7, 2011

Learning about Genetics

Before I get into the topic I've been interested in, I would like to share this site where you can buy a cheek swab kit. This swab will be tested for your genetic markers and the migration of your ancestors. It's so cool. I haven't purchase it yet but would love to in the future.

On another note, I've been reading the book by Dr. Peter D'Adamo, The Genotype Diet. I purchased the computer program that is even more personalized called SWAMI. If you live in Canada these two products are available at aboessentials.com. This whole way of eating is based on your own personal blood type, secretor status, fingerprints, jaw shape, teeth shape, leg lengths, torso measurements, ancestory medical history and personal medical history. The progam basis the selection of foods based on all the data input. There is also a customized recipe program. I'm just learning to use the results in my daily food preparations and it opens up foods I never thought of eating. I've added bok choy and leeks to my diet. I never would have thought of eating these before. It's a diet based on changing your genetic destiny for the better. It also recommends the best exercises for you as well. Take a look and maybe give it a try. I highly recommend it. Many people have been helped and there is a forum for support.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey